Not just a planner, the Jibun Techo is a customizable 3-in-1 system for chronicling your life from year to year. The name Jibun Techo comes from the Japanese words for "self" and "planner." It's meant to be a place for you to record the story of your daily life and—perhaps—discover things about yourself.
The Jibun Techo system consists of three separate booklets: an annual Diary booklet for planning out schedules and to-do lists, a LIFE booklet for recording more permanent information, and an IDEA booklet for jotting down anything else that comes to mind. You can choose to use one, two, or all three booklets.
This Diary booklet includes:
- Lightweight yet durable 52 gsm Kokuyo THIN PAPER, which is pH neutral, archival quality, and remarkably resistant to bleedthrough.
- A 2-page spread for each week of the year, starting on the first week of November 2021 and ending on the last week of December 2022. Each day has a vertical layout with hours marked from 0 to 24. Additional spaces let you record to-do lists, the weather, what you ate, and how you felt that day.
- Monthly calendars for November 2021 through March 2023.
- Additional sections, including a world time zone map, Japanese transit maps, yearly schedules, project management charts, and checklists for books, movies, promises, and recommendations.
- Lay-flat binding.
- Two ribbon bookmarks.
The Diary comes in a soft cover packed with slots for storing cards, tickets, and other small papers. It also includes a pen loop. The cover is clear and lined with a sheet of colored paper.
LIFE and IDEA booklets are not included with this Diary but can be found under Recommended Refills/Parts.
- The Jibun Techo booklets are mostly written in Japanese, but you don't need to know Japanese to use them. The section headers, months, and days of the week are all provided in English. Translated sample pages of how to use the planner can be found in the photos section, and a full translation guide can be found here.
- For more information and tips on how to get the most out of your Jibun Techo, check out our guide!